While reading another friend of mine’s blog post of today, I found a link referring me to a website where I can take a Personality Disorder test. I did take it and the results were very shocking to me. I am histrionic and avoidant!!!!!!!!!!
This is what they brieflly say about the histrionic and avoidant personality disorders:
Histrionic Personality Disorder– People with histrionic personality disorder are constant attention seekers. They need to be the center of attention all the time, often interrupting others in order to dominate the conversation. They use grandiose language to discribe everyday events and seek constant praise. They may dress provacatively or exaggerate illnesses in order to gain attention. Histrionics also tend to exaggerate friendships and relationships, believing that everyone loves them. They are often manipulative.
- Needs to be the center of attention
- Dresses or acts provocatively
- Rapidly-shifting and shallow emotions
- Exaggerates friendships
- Overly-dramatic, occassionally theatrical speech
- easily influenced; highly suggestible
Avoidant Personality Disorder–Avoidant personality disorder is characterized by extreme social anxiety. People with this disorder often feel inadequate, avoid social situations, and seek out jobs with little contact with others. Avoidants are fearful of being rejected and worry about embarassing themselves in front of others. They exaggerate the potential difficulties of new situations to rationalize avoiding them. Often, they will create fantasy worlds to substitute for the real one. Unlike schizoid personality disorder, avoidants yearn for social relations yet feel they are unable to obtain them. They are frequently depressed and have low self-confidence.
Symptoms of Avoidant Personality Disorder:
- Social inhibition; retreating from others in anticipation of rejection
- Preoccupation with being rejected or criticized in social situations
- Fear of embarrassment results in avoidance of new activities
- Poor self-image; feelings of social ineptitude
- Desire for improved social relations
- Appear to others as self-involved and unfriendly
- Creation of elaborate fantasy lives
And the worst part of it is to discover that I have some of the symptoms!!!!!!!!!!! I know I need to take this positively! But, for the moment, let me get use to the woman in the mirror(my discovered self).
If you would like to take the test, here is the link: http://www.4degreez.com/misc/personality_disorder_test.mv